ABOUTDetroit-born Jackie Wilson had a long solo musical career with many hits on both the R&B and Pop/Rock charts from the late 1950s through early 1970s including "Lonely Teardrops" (1959), "You Better Know It" (1959), "Doggin' Around" (1960), "Night" (1960), and "Baby Workout" (1963). In the mid 1950s, Jackie Wilson had served for several years as the lead singer of Bill Ward and His Dominoes. In 1987, he was induced into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The song(s) featured on this page are on:
- Soul Spectacular! The Greatest Soul Hits of All Time (VA)
- Jackie Wilson - 20 Greatest Hits
- Reet Petite
To listen to a song clip, click any song title that has a speaker icon. This will take you to a list of links to CD and/or MP3 product pages from one or more online merchants that have sound samples.
- Baby Workout 1963
- Doggin' Around 1960
(This song later also charted for Klique (1983).)
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher 1967
(This song later also became a hit for Rita Coolidge (1977).)
- Night 1960
- Shake! Shake! Shake! 1963
- Whispers (Gettin' Louder) 1966
- A Woman, A Lover, A Friend 1960
Previous Artist | Next Artist