The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit. To get us all through this harsh winter, Mike played songs about summer. As always, Mike has an intriguing mix of well-known oldies hits and long-lost gems.
- Summertime U.S.A. - Pixies Three - 1964
- Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy - 1964
- Sunny Afternoon - Kinks - 1966
- Surfin' Bird - Trashmen - 1964
- Here Comes Summer - Dave Clark Five - 1970
- Summer & Sandy - Leslie Gore - 1967 - (by request - bad song)
- Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran - 1958
- California Sun - Rivieras - 1964 - (by request - good song)
- Summertime, Summertime - Jamies - 1958, 1962
- Summertime - Marcels - 1961
- One Summer Night - Danleers - 1958
- Wonderful Summer - Robin Ward - 1963
- Summer Rain - Johnny Rivers - 1968
- Surf City - Jan & Dean - 1963
- "It's Summer Time U.S.A." by the Pixies Three peaked at only #116 in 1964. The Pixies Three were an early 1960s female teenage trio from Pennsylvania. One of its members, Debbie Swisher, replaced Peggy Santiglia as lead singer of the Angels from 1967-1968.
- "Here Comes Summer" by the Dave Clark Five was released in 1970 (b/w "Break Down And Cry," Columbia DB 8689). Although "Here Comes Summer" never charted in the U.S., it reached #44 in the U.K. By 1968, the band had decided to stop touring, and their long string of hits ended in the U.S. The Dave Clark Five continued to be extremely popular in Europe through 1970 when the band broke-up.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.