The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit both on the air and on the Internet. This morning's show featured songs with a morning, afternoon, or evening theme.
- Morning Girl - Neon Philharmonic - 1969
- Sunny Afternoon - Kinks - 1966
- I Woke Up In Love This Morning - Partridge Family - 1971
- Early In The Morning - Bobby Sherman - 1973
- Mamie In The Afternoon - Bobby Lewis - 1962
- Brand New Morning - Bob Seger - 1971
- Dawn - 4 Seasons - 1964
- Lovers By Night, Strangers By Day - Fleetwoods - 1962
- Tuesday Afternoon - Moody Blues - 1968
- Delta Dawn - Helen Reddy - 1973
- Evening Gown - Left Banke - 1967
- Early Morning Blues & Greens - Monkees - 1967
- Although Bobby Sherman's "Early In The Morning" peaked at only #113 in 1973, it was a Hot 100 chart hit for both the Tokens and Gene Pitney in 1970 as "She Lets Her Hair Down (Early In The Morning)," the tune of which originated from a TV jingle for a shampoo. "She Lets Her Hair Down (Early In The Morning)" was also performed by Don Young in 1969, peaking at only #104.
- Bob Seger was born in Dearborn, MI and raised in Detroit. "Brand New Morning" was on the 1971 Bob Seger album "Brand New Morning" (Capitol ST-731), all selections of which were written and arranged entirely by Seger.
- The gospel-influenced "Delta Dawn" was a chart topper for Australian-born singer Helen Reddy in 1973 and was also country singer Tanya Tucker's Pop/Rock chart debut song in 1972.
- "Evening Gown" by the classically-influenced rock group, the Left Banke, was included on their 1967 album "Walk away Renee/Pretty Ballerina" (Smash MGS-27088). The Left Banke had the distinction of being singled out by the late conductor Leonard Bernstein as "the perfect example of what rock music could be."
- "Mamie In The Afternoon" as performed by Bobby Lewis (#110/1962) was from the Broadway musical "A Family Affair."
- The Monkee's psychedelic "Early Morning Blues And Greens," which features Davy Jones as lead vocalist, was on the 1967 album "The Monkees' Headquarters" (Colgems COS-103). "Early Morning Blues And Greens" is included on the CD Headquarters.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.