The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit both on the air and on the Internet. Today, Mike played songs that use background words or syllables in the songs.
- Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels - 1961
- Mr. Bass Man - Johnny Cymbal - 1963
- Sh-Boom - The Crew-Cuts - 1957 (?)
- Mope-Itty Mope - The Boss Tones - 1959 (?) (by request)
- Ooo Poo Pah Doo - Jessie Hill - 1960
- Boom A Chick Chick - Bobby Lewis - 1961
- Do-Wacka-Do - Roger Miller - 1965 (by request)
- Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp) - Barry Mann - 1961
- Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow - The Rivingtons - 1962
- Blue Moon - The Marcels - 1961
- Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight - The Spaniels - 195?
- Sha-La-La - Manfred Mann - 1965
- Shimmy, Shimmy, Ko-Ko-Bop - Little Anthony & The Imperials - 1960
- The original version of "Rama Lama Ding Dong" was released in 1958 as "Lama Rama Ding Dong."
- "Sh-Boom" by the Crew-Cuts was included on their 1957 album "Rock And Roll Bash" (Mercury Canada, MGW-12125 Wing Records).
- "Mope-Itty Mope" by the Boss Tones was released as a single in 1959 (Boss B-401 b/w "Wings Of An Angel"). "Mope Itty Mope" by the Bosstones is included on the following CDs: Doo Wop Box; Gimme Dat Harp Boy [IMPORT]; Best of Doo Wop 8; Doo Wop 45's on CD 4 [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]; The Encyclopedia of Doo Wop/The Complete Book of Doo Wop
- "Ooo Poo Pah Doo" was a chart hit for both Ike & Tina Turner (1971) and Jessie Hill (1960).
- "Boom A Chick Chick" by Bobby Lewis was included on his 1961 album "Tossin' And Turnin'" (Beltone 4000).
- A sequel to the Rivingtons' novelty hit, "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow," was released in 1963 called "Mama-Oom-Mow-Mow."
- "Blue Moon" by the Marcels topped both the R&B and Pop/Rock charts in 1961. The Marcels "Blue Moon" is an upbeat doo wop version of a melodic ballad by Rogers and Hart which had three versions that charted in the Top 10 in 1935, including one by Glen Gray. "Blue Moon" was also a chart hit for Elvis Presley (1956), Herb Lance (1961), and the Ventures (1961).
- "Goodnite Sweetheart, Goodnite" by the Spaniels was released as a single (Oldies OL 23 b/w "You Don't Move Me").
- "Sha-La-La" was a chart hit for both the Shirelles (1964) and Manfred Mann (1965).
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.