The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit both on the air and on the Internet. Today's theme is song titles consisting of one word only.
- Action - Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon - 1965
- Fever - Little Willie John - 1956
- Chains - The Cookies - 1962
- Ronnie - The 4 Seasons - 1964
- Wait - The Beatles - 1965 (by request)
- Monterey - The Animals - 1968 (by request)
- All - James Darren - 1967 (by request)
- Words - The Monkees - 1967
- Money - The Kingsmen - 1964 (by request)
- One - Three Dog Night - 1969 (by request)
- Misery - The Dynamics - 1963 (by request)
- If - Bread - 1971 (by request)
- Tequilla - The Champs - 1958 (by request)
Next week's theme: One Word Titles, Part II
- Freddy Cannon's "Action" was from the Dick Clark TV show "Where The Action Is." Ricky Lyons had a minor hit in 1960 with "Shim Sham Shuffle" which has the same melody as "Action."
- "Fever" by Little Willie John was his Billboard Pop/Rock chart debut song and it also topped the R&B charts. "Fever" was also a chart hit for Peggy Lee (1958), the McCoys (1965), and Rita Coolidge (1973). Willie John, who was born in Arkansas and raised in Detroit, was convicted of manslaughter in 1966, died in prison at the age of 30 in 1968, and later inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.
- "Chains" (1962) was the Cookies chart debut song. Since their founding in the 1950s, the Cookies had many personnel changes and did backup work for a number of artists including Carole King and Neil Sedaka. The Cookies 1950s lineup later on became the Raeletts who are best remembered as the backup singers for Ray Charles.
- "Wait" by the Beatles was on their 1965 album "Rubber Soul" (Parlophone PMC-3075).
- "Monterey" by the Animals was in commemoration of the Monterey International Pop Festival held June 16-18, 1967.
- "All" by James Darren was from the movie "Run For Your Wife" starring Frankie Randall.
- "Money (That's What I Want)" by the Kingsmen was previously also a hit for Barrett Strong (1960) and later a hit for Junior Walker & the All Stars (1966) and the Flying Lizards (1980).
- The Dynamics were an R&B group from Detroit and "Misery" was their Billboard Pop/Rock chart debut song.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.