The Castells were a male vocal pop quartet from Santa Rosa, California with clear, silky group harmonies that became famous during the early 1960s. Formed in 1959 at Santa Rosa High School, the classic hitmaking lineup consisted of Chuck Girard, Tom Hicks, Joe Kelly, and Bob Ussery. They are best known for the romantic ballads, "Sacred" (1961) and "So This Is Love" (1962).
After The Castells disbanded in 1965, Girard joined the surf rock band, The Hondells, and later went on to become a popular Contemporary Christian music artist.
- For more info about original Castells member Chuck Girard and his current projects, visit chuckgirard.com.
Disclosure: The following links will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings and other merchandise for the performing artist featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- The Castells - CDs, vinyl, & more - Amazon.com
- The Castells - CDs, vinyl, & more - CDUniverse.com
- The Castells - Digital music - Amazon.com
- The Castells - Rare vinyl, CDs, & more - MusicStack.com
To listen to a song clip, click any song title that has a speaker icon. This will take you to a list of links to CD and/or MP3 product pages from one or more online merchants that have sound samples.
- So This Is Love 1962
Previous Artist | Next Artist