Dennis Coffey (b. 1940) is a veteran R&B/soul guitarist and highly sought-after session musician who became famous as a recording artist during the early 1970s. Best known for the funky Top 10 instrumental smash, "Scorpio" (1971, with The Detroit Guitar Band), which became a million-seller, other hits include the Top 20 follow-up, "Taurus" (1972).
During the early 1960s, Coffey served as a member of The Royaltones before joining the famed Funk Brothers studio band at Motown. He can be heard on numerous recordings by such top acts as The Jackson 5, Freda Payne, Edwin Starr, The Supremes, and The Temptations.
- For more info about Dennis Coffey and his current projects, visit denniscoffeysite.com.
Disclosure: The following links will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings and other merchandise for the performing artist featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- Dennis Coffey And The Detroit Guitar Band - CDs, vinyl, & more - Amazon.com
- Dennis Coffey And The Detroit Guitar Band - CDs, vinyl, & more - CDUniverse.com
- Dennis Coffey And The Detroit Guitar Band - Digital music - Amazon.com
- Dennis Coffey And The Detroit Guitar Band - Rare vinyl, CDs, & more - MusicStack.com
To listen to a song clip, click any song title that has a speaker icon. This will take you to a list of links to CD and/or MP3 product pages from one or more online merchants that have sound samples.
Dennis Coffey And The Detroit Guitar Band
- Scorpio 1971
Previous Artist | Next Artist