The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit. This morning's show featured mostly "green" themed songs with a wee bit o' Ireland in honor of St. Patrick's Day. The Shades of Blue also showed up for an impromptu visit and performed an excerpt of "Danny Boy."
- Danny Boy - Shades Of Blue (live in studio, by surprise)
- The Unicorn - Irish Rovers - 1968
- Green Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf - 1970
- Green Onions - Booker T. & the M.G's - 1962
- Greenfields - Vogues - 1969
- Give Ireland Back To The Irish - Paul McCartney - 1972
- Green Grass - Gary Lewis - 1966
- Green Tambourine - Lemon Pipers - 1968
- Jolly Green Giant - Kingsmen - 1965
- Little Green Apples - O.C. Smith - 1968
- Other Man's Grass Is Always Greener - Petula Clark - 1967
- Green Green - New Christy Minstrels - 1963
- Big Green Car - Jimmy Carroll - 1958
- Early Morning Blues And Greens - Monkees - 1967
Disclosure: This page includes links that will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings with some of the songs featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- "The Unicorn" was the Irish Rovers' chart debut song.
- The instrumental hit "Green Onions" was Booker T. & the M.G.'s chart debut song in 1962. "Green Onions" also topped the R&B charts that same year.
- The chart-topping "Green Tambourine" was the Lemon Pipers' chart debut song.
- The lyrics for "Jolly Green Giant" by the Kingsmen were inspired by the "Green Giant" vegetable TV commercials.
- "Green, Green" by the New Christy Minstrels features Barry McGuire (of "Eve Of Destruction" fame) as lead vocalist.
- Jimmy Carroll's rockabilly "Big Green Car" was released as a single in 1958 (Fascination 2000 b/w "That's All I Want"). Some pressings of this single list "Billy Carroll" as the perfoming artist. The releases by Jimmy Carroll and Billy Carroll are aurally identical, but different pressings. "Big Green Car" is on the compilation CD Hot Rods & Custom Classics [BOX SET].
- The Monkee's psychedelic "Early Morning Blues And Greens," which features Davy Jones as lead vocalist, was on the 1967 album "The Monkees' Headquarters" (Colgems COS-103). "Early Morning Blues And Greens" is included on the CD Headquarters.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.