The Cuff Links were a Staten Island, New York-based studio bubblegum act created by overdubbing the voice of Ron Dante (of The Archies and The Detergents) who provided both lead and background vocals. The Cuff Links' best known songs include the Paul Vance/Lee Pockriss-penned "Tracy" (1969) and "When Julie Comes Around" (1969). "Tracy" topped the Canadian charts, became a Top 10 hit in the U.S. and many other countries worldwide, and soon after went gold.
While the first Cuff Links album (titled "Tracy") was being recorded in its entirety by Dante, Vance and Pockriss formed a touring band consisting of Joe Cord (vocals), Andrew "Junior" Denno (bass), Rich Dimino (keyboards), Bob Gill (trumpet/flugelhorn/flute), Dave Lavender (guitar), Pat Rizzo (saxophone), and Danny Valentine (drums). Dante did not tour or further record with the group, having accepted a solo recording contract. The Cuff Links continued to perform and record through around the early 1970s under various incarnations before finally disbanding.
See our interview with Ron Dante for more info about his work on The Cuff Links and other projects.
- Laura's Ron Dante Fan Pages - Artist-approved fan page for Ron Dante, lead singer of The Archies and The Cuff Links. News, bio, photo galleries, links, message board and much more, plus an exclusive interview with Ron.
Disclosure: The following links will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings and other merchandise for the performing artist featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- The Cuff Links - CDs, vinyl, & more - Amazon.com
- The Cuff Links - CDs, vinyl, & more - CDUniverse.com
- The Cuff Links - Digital music - Amazon.com
- The Cuff Links - Rare vinyl, CDs, & more - MusicStack.com
To listen to a song clip, click any song title that has a speaker icon. This will take you to a list of links to CD and/or MP3 product pages from one or more online merchants that have sound samples.
The Cuff Links
- Tracy 1969
- When Julie Comes Around 1969
Previous Artist | Next Artist