The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit. Today's theme is "Red, White & Blue" in honor of the 4th of July and the American flag.
- America - Neil Diamond - 1981
- Red Roses For A Blue Lady - Vic Dana - 1965
- White Room - Cream - 1968
- Blue Moon - The Marcels - 1961
- Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle - 1966
- White On White - Danny Williams - 1964 (by request)
- Navy Blue - Diane Renay - 1964
- Red River Rock - The Ventures - 1963 (by request)
- Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White - Perez "Prez" Prado - 1955
- Blue On Blue - Bobby Vinton - 1963
- Lil' Red Riding Hood - Sam The Sham And The Pharaohs - 1966
- White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane - 1967
Next week's theme: Anniversaries and celebration of Mike Sain's two year anniversary on WPON.
Disclosure: This page includes links that will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings with some of the songs featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- "America" is part of the soundtrack of "The Jazz Singer" starring Neil Diamond.
- "Red Roses For a Blue Lady" was previously a hit for Vaughn Monroe in 1943 and also later a chart hit for Bert Kaempfert (1965) and Wayne Newton (1965).
- "Blue Moon" by the Marcels topped both the R&B and Pop/Rock charts in 1961. The Marcels "Blue Moon" is an upbeat doo wop version of a melodic ballad by Rogers and Hart which had three versions that charted in the Top 10 in 1935, including one by Glen Gray. "Blue Moon" was also a chart hit for Elvis Presley (1956), Herb Lance (1961), and the Ventures (1961).
- "Red Rubber Ball" was the Cyrkle's chart debut song.
- "White On White" was Danny Williams chart debut song. "White On White" is included on the CDs Hard To Find 45s on CD, Vol. 7: More 60's Classics and Disc Jockey Hits, Vol. 1.
- "Navy Blue" was Diana Renay's chart debut song and it topped the Adult Contemporary charts in 1964.
- "Red River Rock" as performed by the Ventures was a chart hit for Johnny and the Hurricanes in 1959. "Red River Rock" is a rock version of "Red River Valley." The Ventures version of "Red River Rock" was included on their 1963 album "The Ventures Play Telstar, The Lonely Bull And Others" (Dolton Records BLP-2019).
- "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White" by Perez "Prez" Prado, which topped the charts in 1955, was also a chart hit for Alan Dale (1955) and Jerry Murad's Harmonicats (1961). "Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White" was Perez Prado's chart debut song and features Billy Regis on trumpet.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.