The "Insane World Of Mike Sain" airs every Wednesday at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on WPON-AM 1460 Detroit. On today's show, songs with titles that include either "all" or "nothing" were featured. Mike's playlist (see below) includes a couple of rarely-heard B-side gems plus a lesser-known Beatles song. "The Chanukah Song" by actor-comedian Adam Sandler was also played today in celebration of Chanukah which starts this Friday evening.
- All - James Darren - 1967
- Nothing But Heartaches - The Supremes - 1965
- All I've Got To Do - The Beatles - 1963
- Nothing Can Stop Me - Gene Chandler - 1965
- All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks - 1965
- Nothing But The Blues - Bobby Lewis - 1962
- All Of My Life - Lesley Gore - 1965
- I Who Have Nothing - Terry Knight & The Pack - 1967
- All Alone Am I - Brenda Lee - 1962
- Nothing But Good - Hank Ballard - 1961
- All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers - 1958, 1961
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles - 1967 (By request)
- All Night Long - Dave Clark Five - 1966
- The Chanukah Song - Adam Sandler - 1995 (Chart debut year)
Disclosure: This page includes links that will take you to various online merchants outside of allbutforgottenoldies.net that sell recordings with some of the songs featured on this page. Please note that these are referral or affiliate links from which allbutforgottenoldies.net may receive, at no additional cost to you, a commission if you should make any purchases through them.
- "All I've Got To Do" by The Beatles was first recorded in England in 1963 on the LP "With The Beatles" (Parlophone). "With The Beatles" was released in the US shortly thereafter as "Meet The Beatles" (Capitol). "Meet The Beatles" omitted some "With The Beatles" tracks and substituted other songs previously released only as singles in Great Britain.
- "Nothin' But The Blues" by Bobby Lewis was the B-side of "I'm Tossin' And Turnin' Again" (Beltone 2023) which was a minor hit in 1962.
- "I Who Have Nothing" by Terry Knight & The Pack is included on the hard-to-find compilation CD "All The Hits By All The Stars 3." Terry Knight & The Pack were a rock group from Flint, Michigan consisting of Terry Knight (real name: Richard Knapp) and four other members. In 1968, Knapp formed Grand Funk Railroad which included many Terry Knight & The Pack band members.
- "All I Have To Do Is Dream" by The Everly Brothers topped the charts in 1958 and charted again in 1961 as a minor hit.
- "All Night Long" by the Dave Clark Five was the B-side of the 1966 hit "Try Too Hard" (Epic 10004).
- "The Chanukah Song" debuted on the Billboard Pop/Rock charts in late 1995 and has charted nearly every year since then. This song is included on What The Hell Happened To Me?.
Click here for a complete list of "Insane World Of Mike Sain" playlists available on this web site.